HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford: I have a 2006 Ford Focus. At first I was having a high

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford Focus. At first I was having a high pitched chirpping/whistle sound and then the car started to have problems accelerating immediately. The diagnostic code reads p1299 and then states 2 codes but when press error down it gives the pending symbol. What could this be and is it a expensive repair?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the P1299 says the engine is overheating and putting it into a protection mode to prevent engine damage which is why it lost power. Inspect the coolant level and for leaks and repair as needed and replace the thermostat whenever the vehicle runs hot. If it didnt overheat but says it is and the coolant level is ok. Need to check the cooling fan operation and need to know what the pending codes are.Cost of the repair depends on what is leaking if you have a coolant leak.