Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Compressor not cycling could it a relay

Customer Question

compressor not cycling could it b a relay
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V-6 5.3? I believe,,,, the bigger 6 cyl. refilled system w refrigerant don't believe it.s leaking, but I haven't the means to pull a vacuum on it.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ok so the system was empty and you put freon in it and it still wont engage the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, could it b the switch on dash? Although, when I go from low cool too high cool the fan does increase in intensity
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ok, since the system was empty, it could have a big leak and be too low on pressure to go back and get the compressor to come on.Also it will never blow cold if the system was empty and a vacuum isnt pulled on the ac system before recharging the system.Do you have an actual ac gauge set for both high and low sides?