James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

06 F450 is acting like it has a low battery but I replaced

Customer Question

06 F450 is acting like it has a low battery but I replaced main and it still doesn't seem to have the power to turn over.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. What engine do you have in this vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6.0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be the starter or the starter relay?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The very first thing you want to do is replace the 2nd battery. If one battery is bad it can drag down the 1st battery. Then with two new batteries and it still act up the starter is most likely wore out. Over the years the starter will wear out and turn the engine over very slow. Having a new starter will correct this if a second battery doesn't.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, if it is the starter, where is it located?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The starter is located on the driver side of the engine on the back. It bolted to the transmission.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I just realize I said driver and it was supposed to say passenger side.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.