Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Expedition: My 2004 Expedition Eddie Bauer A/C has a poltergeist

Customer Question

My 2004 Expedition Eddie Bauer A/C has a poltergeist inside it. Whenever I put the A/C on Automatic and set the Temp the air flow immediately begins coming out the defrost vents then randomly shifts to the floor and dash vents before returning to the defrost vents where it stays. When I select the floor or dash vents buttons and manually set the fan speed, air flows from them briefly then goes to the defrost vents where it stays I’ve replaced the A/C temp control unit TWICE and the problem persists. I need an exorcist to show me where I go from here to correct this problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Does you vehicle have vacuum lines plugged into the back of the control module?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the control module? I assume they are connected because the air switches from each vents only randomly and locks on the defrost vents
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been 28 minutes since I responded to your question. I can't wait around any longer for further responses. I'll go elsewhere for an answer to my problem.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry it was lunch time and I just now got an email saying you responded. The AC control module is what controls everything. I'm assuming this is the item you replaced I'm just not sure. If this unit has vacuum lines then I will know it's a vaccuum concern.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The two units I replaced are all electronic and located in the dash directly below the radio. There are no vacuum lines attached to it only two electrical harnesses.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
We're these used units from a junk yard or new?