Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Ford 500: Driver side cool passenger side not. Is this problem

Customer Question

Driver side cool passenger side not. Is this problem in the temp control or flapper ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...When the temp is only correct on one half of the system, this is most commonly due to a faulty Temp Door Actuator. This is a little motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. The passenger's side actuator is located behind the glove compartment, mounted to the HVAC housing. Lower the compartment door to gain access. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the wires look ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pivot by hand. The temp should now be correct. If not, the HVAC housing will need to be removed, opened and the internal door repaired as needed. If the temp is now correct, replace the actuator. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That actuator controles both the drivers side and the passenger side. it operates for the recirculate air. drivers side is cold and the passenger side is not. There must be a flapper some place that operates the passenger side or the temp control malfunctions??????????????????.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Does your control panel have dual controls, so that the driver's side and passenger's side can have different temps?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

I noticed this question was still open, so I thought I'd check in and see how you made out. Did the information I provided help you out? Was it informative and helpful? Did you have any other questions on this issue? Your satisfaction is very important to me! Please reply and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

Thanks!
-Ron Z