James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Mustang: I have a 2005 ford mustang. When the air conditioner

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford mustang. When the air conditioner is on the radio, lights, gas gage go off and on. this started with the windshield washer fluid spraying out on and off. The oil and brake lights came on and off also. It seems to happen when the air cycles on and off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. I would have the alternator tested. It sounds like you have a low voltage concern. If the alternator isn't working correctly when the AC puts an extra load on the system. When this load is on there it can cause other systems to fail. I would suspect the alternator is your problem.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I did send you a phone offer in case you are interested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think its alternator. It has to be a ground wire. I just don't know where
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The grounds for the instrument cluster are on the driver side kick panel and on a dashboard bracket. If you remove the lower steering column cover to the left of the radio. There should be a ground. I would clean and re tighten them. See if this corrects your concern.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to see if you had a chance to check those grounds? If you did check them how did it work?