HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford F250: , I have a 1989 Ford F250. It did not originally

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1989 Ford F250. It did not originally come with an Rpm gauge on the cluster. So I purchased a used cluster that did have an Rpm gaug. I got it put in and the gauge does not move. When I turn the vehicle on it moves very slightly as if it getting power but when I start the motor it does not show the Rpm. Hope it is any easy fix. Thank you, Derek
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, either the factory harness to the instrument cluster isnt wired from the ignition system to send an rpm signal or the tachometer in the cluster is defective. Im wiling to bet the tach circuit isnt there whcih is why you didnt have one to begin with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How hard would it be to wire the harness to match the cluster
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
It would be easier to install an aftermarket tach than try and run a hardline to the existing cluster