James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

E350 super duty: 6.0 went dead after going into passing gear

Customer Question

6.0 went dead after going into passing gear for the hill in cruise controll. After aa few days the instrument panel goes bright for a second then goes dim like the battery is real low
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the door locks act crazy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. I will send you a phone offer. Does the vehicle turn over at all right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it makes a clicking noise at the starter as though the battery is exhausted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did turn over very well right after it quit on me. the battery problem only came after I pulled it to the house 2 days later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the locks are self activating or otherwise coming alive
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The very first thing I would do is charge the batteries or attempt to jump start the vehicle. If the starter tries to turn the engine over we know we at least need to charge the batteries. It does sound like a high pressure oil concern for the reason it died though. Once the batteries are charged please let me know and wen can proceed.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try jumping it off with a car instead of the little charger that I have had on it. Also I retreived a code 2099 telling me "injector control pressure too low". That was only 30 min after it quit
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Low ICP the vehicle might restart once the oil cools down and thickens up. If it does the high pressure oil leak is when the vehicle is hot. In order to test for a high pressure oil leak you need an air compressor and OTC special fitting 303-765. This will thread into the icp port or into the plug on the high pressure oil pump. Once you apply compressed air you can listen for an air leak in the high pressure oil system. Once you identify which side of the engine it is coming from it will be easier to know where you need to look for the leak.