Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford taurus: my car is acting weird after I try to jump it

Customer Question

my car is acting weird after I try to jump it now it running rich I'm getting po191 code changed pressure sensor on the fuel rail battery light is coming on and abs light also checked yellow white wire and it .6 checked 175 fuse it's good now what do I do
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Any ABS codes stored?Is the battery voltage at all rpms and electrical loads on and off always staying between 13=15 volts?The code normally points to the fuel pump pressure incorrect, being the pump to blame. Can you open the file and do the steps below. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02taurus0191.pdf You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The voltage on yellow white wire is no 12 volts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Isn't 12 volts on the yellow white wire
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought if the computer did not the voltage it would not act right
What is the YE/WH wire going to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To the alternator 3 wire
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it's supposed to be hot all the time
Yes this wire should be matching battery voltage at all times. If its not then the wire is broken, or the 175 amp inline fuse is blown.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
175 fuse is good where do I begin looking for broken wire at
You have to first off see if there is power at the fuse then start following the wire to visually inspect it for a break.