EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

F250 diesel: My truck 2006 F250 has codes P0299, P0403, P0405,

Customer Question

My truck 2006 F250 has codes P0299, P0403, P0405, & P1335. Is it ok to drive if. The wrench lite came on pulling empty car trailer. Now loaded a surburban and need to go about 100 miles back home. What do you think.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Those codes are EGR codes and an underboost code. Underboost will happen when egr is staying open. More than likely you have an egr valve that is hanging open. It is possible that if it hangs open completely the truck could loose power enough to not pull that suburban up a hill. In my opinon it is worth the attempt if you have no other option. If you have the ability to have it fixed before towing that would probably be the best bet.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my response. If you have more questions please let me know. Thank you and please rate the service provided.