Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

T Bird: 2002 Thunderbird - I have loosened the battery hold

Customer Question

2002 Thunderbird - I have loosened the battery hold down bolt on the Hold Down plastic block.
But, the bolt backed a few turns and then seized. The bracket will not lift out. Thank Nick
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.This is pretty common. They get corroded so bad that they just wont come out. Try spraying with a heavy dose of some penetrating oil all around the bolt and give it a couple of hours then see if it will tighten back down then work it back and forth and if it gets stuck again resoak it and do it again.Unfortunately that doesnt always work and take a long time to try. A lot of times you end up just having to break the bolt and replacing the battery tray.