Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Fordf350 5.4. 4wd: Speedometer not working replaced both sensors

Customer Question

Speedometer not working replaced both sensors on tranny and one on rear diff and code is po500 overdrive light flashing
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
This vehicle uses the ABS to make a VSS signal. It monitors each speed sensor and averages them, then sends a VSS signal out to the PCM. You need to check the ABS for communication issues and see if its producing this signal using a scan tool. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris