HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford expedition: Replaced plugs and plug wires. Car strts briefly.

Customer Question

Replaced plugs and plug wires. Car strts briefly. Idles rough then dies
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, did you have this issue before replacing the spark plugs and coils? Will it continue to run if you hold down on the throttle? Any codes stored or check engine light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not have this issue,didntnreplace coils. If I hold throttle down it will run though roughly. Engine light is on but was on prior to changing plugs and wire
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ok , you might have a vacuum leak, left a vacuum hose such as to the pcv valve disconnected, if it didnt have the issue before. The coils are individual so shouldnt have an issue with them beins misrouted like a set of ignition wires off a single coil. Long as it ran ok prior to your work, I would double check everyything you were into while doing the tune up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a vacuum line
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Very good, thats what I figured you left something disconnected or disturbed it. If I was helpful please hit accept and leave positive feedback! Glad you got it goin!