J F
J F, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Car mechanic from 2002-2011. Worked on all Ford products in a aftermarket shop.
77834996

Expedition: 97 Ford Expedition Power Window just quit all at

Customer Question

97 Ford Expedition Power Window just quit all at once.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was manufactured in April, before they made changes in June 97
Expert:  J F replied 1 year ago.
Hello the member you asked for is not available but i can help. which windows do and do not work. do you have a test light or meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of them work. I don't but I can get one tomorrow. It's to late now. I live in a very small town
Expert:  J F replied 1 year ago.
Thats fine i will give you directions on how to test it. most likely problem is a broken wire, the drivers switch quit working and in the off chance a bad gem module.
you will need to remove the door switch. i will provide a link below on how to do that. next check the the light blue black wire for power. do you have power. if no check for break in the door jam by removing the kick plate and checking for power before it goes into the door jam. if no power there let me know. now if you did have power at your switch press the down button does the wire still have power or does it go away. if it goes away then make sure you dont have a break in the wire as above. if you have power when trying to lower any window. then check the black wires for ground. if yes then check for power and ground when going up and down on the front passenger switch on the white yellow wire and the tan light blue wire. they will switch power and ground depending if your going up and down. if your missing either then you have a bad window switch.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/px5uppdve0ntbp4/7fedp.pdf
Thanks
If you have anymore questions please just ask.
Please don't forget to leave feed back. (Thats how I get paid.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok first can u tell me the locations and numbers for the fuse, circuit breaker and relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was driving. The windows were open and I closed them and reopened them. About 35 mins later I closed the drivers side and reopened it. Then when I got to where I was going it won't work
Expert:  J F replied 1 year ago.
hello it only takes minute to remove the window switch and check for power. i never have started my checks at the fuse, breaker or relay on these due to i have never had one go bad and be the cause of this problem. but circuit breaker is #25 and fuse is #22 under the hood. the relays are under the left side of the dash at the junction fuse panel. battery saver, accessory and one touch relays are related to the windows.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I'll check it all before I respond
Expert:  J F replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks