Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

Ford Focus: Last few days the car delayed a second when starting.

Customer Question

Last few days the car delayed a second when starting. Yesterday it did not start but if I put it to neutral it started. I've started the car about six times since yesterday. Twice I had to shift the gears to start. Is it a starter problem. Will this suddenly stop working in a day or do I have a few days to fix.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today!
This is usually a problem with the neutral safety switch. It's not sending signal to the computer that the car is in park. I would suggest taking the car in and having it adjusted as soon as you can. This can and very well could leave you stranded.
So, it's not the starter, but it is important!
Please let me know if there is more I can do to help you with this.
What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.