Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Expidition: my name is ***** ***** key was found in a camp

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** key was found in a camp fire an i tried to start my 1998 ford expidition an the anti theift came on an had a ford guy look at it an his computer said it was the ingnition hailo
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im looking for a way to bypass the ign. haylo. please single dad cant aford to buy a new one. me an my two sons would be greatful
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Scott
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Is the key new or melted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
key will crank motor but anti theift came on soo i replaced ignition with a new one still no start
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
You replaced the key correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes new computer keys came with new ignion
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, they just need to be programmed to the vehicle, you can call a locksmith or tow to the dealer to have them programmed.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Takes about 1/2 hour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did that an bad ignion halo cant afourd a new one i wanna bypass ignition halo
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
The only way to bypass, and this is not a bypass, is to tape a programmed key to the halo and tie up to the column, there is no ther way to do this, this is why it is called antitheft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was told by a certifided ford mechcic that it can b
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
No it can't, there needs to be key programmed so the PCM will allow the engine to start, if this system was easily bypassed, it wouldn't be a called antitheft system, it would easily stolen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what ever thanks for nothing
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thanks for your business!