HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

F250 lariat xlt: my 2001 f250 started hesitating on the interstate

Customer Question

my 2001 f250 started hesitating on the interstate on my way across alligator alley. it made it 100 miles and got off an exit of 95 and hit red light traffic, it hesitated real bad pulling out from red lights and seemed to level out a bit better over 1500 rpms and when i arrived at my destination and shut the truck off, won't start. is this an icp sensor problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Possibly. Either the camshaft position sensor failed and has no rpm signal and now wont start or a loss of icp pressure in the high pressure oil system or sensor issue leaking oil. Make sure the engine oil level is full and correct, if its too low it will shut down the engine. Run a check for codes with a scan tool if its more than a low engine oil level and checking of ICP pressure over 500 psi is needed for the injectors to fire