EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Ranger Super Cab: I went to the garage to start my 1996 ranger

Customer Question

I went to the garage to start my 1996 ranger to leave for work tonight. The engine turned over, and then it died. I tried to start it again but each time it either didn't fire up or it died immediately afterward. It ran fine 5 hours earlier. What could be the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
What engine is in your Ranger? Also the problem could be the Idle Air Control Valve, or a fuel pressure problem.
Will the engine stay running if you keep your foot on the gas?
Please respond with the answers to these questions. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. DO you still need any help with your Ranger? Please ask me more questions if you need. Also please rate the service provided. Thank you.