James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I put a new blend door on my f350 and it is still blowing hot

Customer Question

I put a new blend door on my f350 and it is still blowing hot air after being charged
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. What year vehicle is this? What engine does it have? Is it automatic climate control or manual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 f350 Dually 6.0 diesel automatic climate cntrol
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. If you look under where the blend door is mounted. Try changing the temp from hot to cold and see if the blend door motor moves at all. This will help us determine if the issue might be a broken door, something jammed in the door, or something electrical.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door is free when you take off blend motor but blend door is not moving when you change temp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my message about blend door
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. Do you have a multi meter by chance? The control modules are known to fail in this vehicle more often than the blend door. I have seen new blend door motors bad as well. Especially if it isn't from Ford. The blend door motor get a 5volt reference and also 12v to move the door. Also sometimes resetting the HVAC module will make the blend door motor work as well. If you have your owners manual you can remove the fuse for the HVAC module or you can disconnect the batteries for 5 minutes. Please try these couple items and let me know if they work or not.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.