Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Expedition: I replaced a flywheel on a expedition and now i

Customer Question

I replaced a flywheel on a expedition and now i have no overdrive. Ichecked for bad connections but nothing obvious What part of the wiring controls the overdrive?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a 4R100, or 4R70 transmission?Does it stay in 3rd or does it attempt to shift to 4th and 4th acts like neutral?Any warning lights on or flashing while driven?Does the OD cancel switch and light, work when pressed?If there were a wiring issue or solenoid issue, there should be other shifting issues going on. Its looking like a coincidence failure internally at this time. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm not sure which transmission I have but it's a 98 expedition four-wheel-drive with 5.4 engine I will get the Vin for you but it shift fine but will only shift to third And it stays there it doesn't act like it goes to neutral. So I know it's not slipping it's just not going into the last gear
Is the pan square with the 2 rear corners angled off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not square more like recangle and odd shaped at the end
Thanks its a E4OD / 4R100https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/983-4shift.pdfThe file above shows all the things in this model that can result in no 4th gear.