Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-150 supercrew: 2004 f-150 driver rear window inop. I bought

Customer Question

2004 f-150 driver rear window inop. I bought a brand new regulator assy. Set it in the door and attached the mounting screws, plugged in the connector to raise the window up per the instructions and nothing. Same as before, I can here the solenoid click in the down but nothing in the up. The 2 wire connector has 12 volt power when you press up or down? Is there a ground issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The ground comes from the master switch on the black wire at the master switch , one very known problem with the loss of ground can be cause by a broken wire in the drives side door harness, before you replace anything else, pull the boot back at the drivers door from the body to the door and inspect all of the wires in the harness looking for any signs of a broken wire. If you do not find any broken wire then run through the steps enclosed in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Left%20rear%20Door%20Jun%2013.pdf