chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

Ford Falcon G6: My battery went flat whilst I was on Vacation.My

Customer Question

My battery went flat whilst I was on Vacation.My phone icon in the menu has gone and bluetooth does not operate Galaxy Express
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

when the battery went flat it may have reset the SYNC system and it lost the link to your phone, so you have to repaire your phone to the SYNC system , first go into your phone and erase the SYNC system from you blue tooth conections ,, then re sync your phone to the radio and see if this works,

-

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris

The problem is that the phone menu has disappeared from the car menu so I have no way of repairing the phone again..I have tried to rescan the phone which shows....'Unable to connect to this device'. I remember this happening before and the car went back to Sunshine Ford on the Gold Coast and they took forever to computer it. Surely there is an easier way

Regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris

I have continued the conversation and I have heard nothing

Regards Ken shipton

Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

the only thing you can try is a reboot , witch is to remove the negative battery cable from the battery for 3 min , then put it back into place, start the car up and then wait about 2 min and see if the system is working properly,

-

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris

I have removed the negative lead for three minutes, replaced it and two or three minutes later there is no result.

So will you be saying that there is no alternative than, to visit the dealer?

By the way.... I worked for many years at Ford of Britain and later as a supplier.

Regards *****

ps. I presume you meant, turn the ignition on and not necessarily start the car up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris

I have continued the conversation on the 16th. I have not received an answer

Thank you

Ken Shipton