James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford edge: I got. The wrench light, abs light, and traction

Customer Question

I got. The wrench light, abs light, and traction light on, all came on together. 2010 edge
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. May I please have your vin number and I can check for any recalls. Did the vehicle go into an idle only mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2FMDK4JC6ABB03172
Car runs normally except sometimes I can feel the ABS. Lights went this morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lights went out this morning
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info. Is there any way you can have your vehicle tested for codes? The engine codes and abs codes would need to be read by more than a basic code reader. A lot of times when the wrench light comes on it is due to a throttle control issue. The abs light is what throws me off. I can't remember these abs fault causing a wrench lamp. The wrench light indicates a fault with the power train. I think you may have two different issues going on. There are hundreds of items it can be. By having the codes tested I could pinpoint it to a more specific area of what may be wrong.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wrench light, abs light, and anti skid light always come on together. Sometimes just the wrench light remains and the other 2 go out, then come on, or all 3 go out. Can't have codes read until Monday
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The abs and traction light will come on together. If you could get the codes read for me or know someone can do it. I can help you narrow it down a lot more. This question can stay open until Monday or however long you need it to be.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I was just wondering if you were able to get codes tested?