EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

EDGE: Ok I have a 2009 Ford Edge sel with tow pack. My

Customer Question

Ok I have a 2009 Ford Edge sel with tow pack. My cooling fans stopped working so I just went a head and replaced the fan control module fired it up hit the AC and fans came on as it should. Ran it up the road everything is fine. Wife drives it the next day and says her temp gauge was high and AC not working again. So I pulled the module tested supply power at 12.6v no output to the fans. Next I jumped both fans to 12v power and they ran fine. One of my concerns was this morning with the key off and engine cold the supply to the module still showed 12.6v power to the unit? Should this only be getting power from the PCM ONCE the temperature sensor in the head shows higher temp or when AC is cycled or does it always have power?

Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.

The violet/gray wire at the cooling fan module is hot all the time. The pcm duty cycles the ground on the white/blue wire.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.