James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

FreeStar: 2004 Ford Freestar Apparently all blend door actuators

Customer Question

2004 Ford Freestar
Apparently all blend door actuators went out at the same time (Dash and ceiling). A/C Compressor and blower are working just fine, but only heat comes out of all vents. Would a bad fuse for the climate control head unit cause this? If Yes where is the fuse located.
Thank You
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. When you try and change the front temperature do you hear a clicking noise at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any Answer? It seems improbable that all the blender motors would go at the same time, The Compressor and blower are working just fine, so on that assumption I would be looking at a fuse blown or a short. If I no which fuse has the blender motors attached to It I can trace it.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The blend doors use a voltage reference from the HVAC module. They don't have w fuse controlling them directly. If the AC compressor may be working but not up to standards. The AC pressure can be low causing poor cooling. Do you have a way to test for codes in the HVAC module itself? If you have a volt meter we can attempt to test the blend door motor wiring?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compressor and Motor were tested 3 times, all in complete working order meeting spec's.
So the blender motors are not allowing the cold thru only heat, or the temperature control is not sending the message that we want cold air not hot.
Will need to review this further.
Thank You
.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that info. I am driving home and when I get there I can post the wire diagram for you. This way we can go over it together.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l29434tawljwn8o/2015-06-12%2018.57.59.jpg?dl=0
Does your vehicle have rear controls where they can adjust the temperature separately?