Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

Explorer Sport: I have a 99 Ford Explorer Sport manual trans

Customer Question

I have a 99 Ford Explorer Sport manual trans X vin that is showing an ABS code of C1102, Accelleration speed switch circuit failure. I have replaced the sensor on the differential and no joy. Any thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is***** will do my best to assist you. Hello, My name is***** will do my best to assist you.Although I can not be 100% without a list of testing., the code does not refer to the speed sensor on the differential but rather the G switch on the frame. The G switch is mounted to the frame near the fuel filter.I assume this is not what you tried as you did the differential sensor. It sis a acceleration sensor on the frame, 3 pin connector, If this is what you changed? then the next leading repair to the code? a failed antilock brake control module