Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Mustang: I have an 88 GT Mustang that I am converting to mass

Customer Question

I have an 88 GT Mustang that I am converting to mass air. have installed the maf sensor that supposedly is calibrated for 24lb injectors. a pcm from an 89 and have wired it in. also have a b303 cam and a 70mm throttle body on a pro comp manifold. the engine floods real easy, thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the oxygen sensor(s) (depending on how many are installed on this engine) are reading incorrectly this will cause the computer to over fuel the engine like this here.I have seen these as a main cause.
If this has not been checked this should be done and if a fault is found the affected oxygen sensor(s) replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info Pete. I have not tried replacing the 02 sensors. (there are two) just ahead of the first cats. we were out of town and will not be working on this problem until tomorrow. Ifthese are matched to the original injectors that could do it right enough.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here and if you need anything else.
Thanks Pete