Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F250: I have a 1990 f250 351 Cleveland. It will start run a

Customer Question

I have a 1990 f250 351 Cleveland. It will start run a few seconds then just continually crank. If you If you let it set for a couple of hours then it will start again run a couple seconds and do the same thing again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and you you need good spark, injector pulse as well as proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI). In order to try and help you we are going to need to check each one of these and see which one you are lacking. When it will not start check and see if you are getting good spark from the coil while cranking . If the spark checks okay then check the fuel pressure . If the fuel pressure checks okay then check for injector pulse. Post back with the results and we can work from there.