Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

Ford Escape: Looking to buy a 2008 XLT 4WD Ford Escape with

Customer Question

Looking to buy a 2008 XLT 4WD Ford Escape with 87000 miles. Not liking the reviews? Have you had many problems with them?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
The 2005 to 2011 Escape is one of our most reliable vehicles, we seldom see them in the shop for anything other than regular services. About the only problem they have is an occasional oil leak at the transfer case output seal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you expand on that? The review s say 2006 & 2008 worse ones.. Power steering major problem!
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
There was recall on the power steering and the throttle body on that year range, but it was only a service if a problem was found. Any of our customers never had issues. My wife has a 2009 XLT model and all it's ever had is oil changes and tires. If you could get me the serial# ***** can run it to see the warranty history.