Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Escape: I was trying to figure out how to reset computers after

Customer Question

I was trying to figure out how to reset computers after dead battery is replaced.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Do all the lights come on the dash ? Why did you replace the battery ? Also do the headlights and radio and such all come on ? When you try to start does the dash flash a security light at you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the lights come on the dash. I did not separately try radio and headlights. It seemed as though all the electronics came back up except that the starter solenoid would not click. I did not see the dash flash a security light. I replaced the battery because it had gotten very weak and I had previously charged the battery (the day before) and the vehicle started and ran fine after the recharge. However, the next day the battery was much weaker and I could not start the engine even after 8 hour charge. We tried jumpstarting the car but the solenoid did not click. The tow truck driver suggested that the alarm had locked down the electrical system because of low voltage.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok do you have just the factory ford alarm remote ? Or do you have another alarm added on ? Also always try to lock and unlock the drivers door with the metal key and then see if it will crank , let me know if this works. There is so specific "reset" after a dead battery. But the alarm may have been activated