Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Expedition: I have a 2007 Expedition with ac coming from the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Expedition with ac coming from the defrost vents only. I assume its a vacuum leak, but not sure where to look.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
This is a common problem with this unit ,, the vaccum supply line to the a/c controls gets a hole in it or breaks ,, if you open the hood and look at the left rear corner of the battery ,, there is a thin black hard vaccum line comming out of the fire wall, check this hose for brakes and cracks,, battery acid tends to get on the hose and make it leak ,,, its best to remove the battery to access the hose better and look it over good,,
Larry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the 07 the battery I a good foot away from the firewall. The washer fluid bottle is connected to the battery tray so I'm not even sure how it's going to come out.
Im sorry, i went out and looked at a 2005 we had in the shop and thought they were the same....
Do you see a couple of small vacuum lines coming out of the firewall on the passenger side. One should go to a check valve or a tee where it splits off,,,,trying to go off memory now so bear with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any coming out.
Can you remove the battery tray and see if the vacuum reservoir is under it?
Or maybe look under it?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/vac.PNG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not under or on the side of the battery tray.
Man im sorry but will have to bow out and see if one of the other guys knows where it is. They changed it in 2006 and then again in 2008 and out it under the dash but i cant for the life of me find it for the 2007 sorry to make you do all that. Maybe try locating it from where the main vac feed comes off the intake manifold then runs to the reservoir, then thru the firewall. If some one know they will contact you.....sorry again. I feel bad.
LJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey thanks for trying. Let me know if one of the other guys knows.Fred
Thanks for your understanding Fred.
If someone has the info you need you will bet an email.
Best wishes my friend!
LJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LJ,
Wanted you to know I got the problem fixed. The 07 Expedition no longer uses vacuum lines in the A/C system. Turns out there are multiple actuators that now control even the vents. The main aviator that controls the defrost, floor, panel and door vents is found on the drivers side near the floor under the dash.Fred
Thanks,
It may be a late build model year OR my repair manual is wrong because it doesnt mention that until 2008 model?
Glad you got it handled!
LJ