Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

E250: air flow from vent when air is on (or heat) heat works,fan

Customer Question

air flow from vent when air is on (or heat) heat works,fan works, air works no air from vent.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. are you saying the air only comes out of the defroster (windshield), if so the issue is a few different things, 1, broken vacuum canister under the heater box in the engine bay, most people get a new canister and route it up to the fender on the passenger side, and get a new check valve ,
2- the vacuum line is disconnected from the valve on the drivers side fender or up on the wiper cowl, that line is what supplies vacuum from the solenoid to the heater system,
3- the solenoid that turns on and off the vacuum has failed not allowing vacuum to pass. hope this information helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
here is a link to all the vacuum info you may need, i dont think i left anything out.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2l0416sid3s2i/heater_vacuum
copy and paste that. hope this helps. Lou. also not all fords had a solenoid, some used the intake manifold vacuum direct.