Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

I just rebuilt my 2003 ford 6.0L .purchased a master kit with

Customer Question

I just rebuilt my 2003 ford 6.0L  .purchased a master kit with .020 over pistons. Had a shop do the short block and I did the rest. I replaced the nipple cup seals. Replaced 4 injectors and replaced the orings on the rest including the small black one that seals the injector at the nipple cup. I also replaced the stand pipes and flex lines to the high pressure oil rails and the connecting pipe from the hpop to the branch tubes.  After the initial rough idle start up the engine ran very smooth and quite for about a week or so. Now it is running rough and loud and lacking power. I have now purchased a new hpop and have an oil pressure gauge ready to install at the ipr to check for leaks. Also I noticed over the last couple of days that the batteries are starting to get low with todaymaking me nervous when I  started up the truck after work and it cranked rather slow... I have access to an IDS but need help selecting pids and what values to look for to help determine what might be going before I start disassembling to correct any leaks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
If it feels like it is missfiring you should perform a power balance test with the IDS first.