Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Zx2: my zx2 will not respond when i mash the fuel pedal it

Customer Question

my zx2 will not respond when i mash the fuel pedal it runs
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when you first cranked the car it idled a little high but smoothed out. Once gas is given it's like it will only take but so much bearly going about a steady 5 mph. didn't try to drive it due being worried that it wouldn't run at all. The cable on the throttle body appeared to have a lot of slack in it. I adjusted it but that was of no help. Still runs the same which makes me wonder if it should have had that much slack in the first place. Now I just don't know what to do
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Under the hood at the throttle body, manually turn the throttle body linkage to rule out the pedal and cable. If it still will not rev up then there is an engine issue. Are there warning lights on while running? Can you check the fuel pressure running, it should be around 30 or more psi.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris