fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

Ford: 2005 5.4 no power and hums loud when under load, dealer

Customer Question

2005 5.4 no power and hums loud when under load, dealer tested everything and all tested fine but not better, cat ok, 150 psi comp
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
when you say cat. is ok, what is ok? the first thing you should do is remove one of the upstream oxygen sensors and drive it then do the other upstream, if it is better then you no the exh. is restricted if no change than i would check fuel pressure and quality, if you find nothing there i would look at spark plug(what kind, what color they are burning,)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said the checked fuel pressure and was ok, tested everything they said. I have suspected that converter the entire time and will try your idea of removing O2 sensors I will follow up with you this evening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said the checked fuel pressure and was ok, tested everything they said. I have suspected that converter the entire time and will try your idea of removing O2 sensors I will follow up with you this evening I just learned that the dealer tested everything including fuel pressure actually took exhaust apart and drove it with the manifolds off of the vehicle and still no power everything is testing good they installed new plugs and still no difference
if the dealership tested everything then i dont think i can be of any more service, i would still take a fuel sample, and maybe add some high test and see if it makes a difference. I wish you luck