HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford: My nephew has a ford f-150 four door. My brother put

Customer Question

My nephew has a ford f-150 four door. My brother put in a new stereo system and about a week after all of the power windows quit working. He put new switches in the drivers side but they still do not work. I replaced the fuse for the windows and nothing. What else could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Well the first place Id look is the stereo wiring and installation. Disconnect the stereo and see if normal window operation resumes. Inspect the wiring harnesses behind the radio unit for being crushed or damaged. If everything looks good there and all fuses are good for the circuit, if you turn the key to on and engine off you can see if the dome lamp goes to dim when hitting the window switches and verify they are workng. Other issues with window and door lock operation can also be tied back to tied on aftermarket alarm systems that tap into the flexible door harnesses between the door hinges and body area
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need more help with this concern?