James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F250: My 2010 powerstroke emits white smoke periodicaly

Customer Question

My 2010 powerstroke emits white smoke periodicaly
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Are you losing coolant at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I can tell
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info. If the vehicle is running rough you could have an injector issue. If the vehicle is running normal you can have an EGR cooler that has failed. Since your not losing coolant I don't think an egr cooler is the issue. It sounds like a brick inside the DPF filter has cracked. This would cause your white smoke on and off. With the DPF filter most smoke is covered up unless there is an issue with the DPF filter. The problem is there isn't a way to really diagnose a cracked brick. Unless you have a known good DPF filter you could install and try. I'm not sure if anyone has one laying around as a spare though.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.