James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Escape se: vibration from gas cap area of 2013 escape

Customer Question

vibration from gas cap area of 2013 escape
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Does this happen between 1500-2500rpm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAVEN'T NOTICED THAT. IT SOUNDS LIKE A VIBRATING PHONE BUT IT IS COMING FROM THE CARGO AREA BEHIND THE INTERIOR PANEL NEAR THE RIGHT WHEEL WELL ADJACENT TO THE REFUELING CAP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT HAS HAPPENED WHILE PARKED AND IDLEING
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. One issue this vehicle has known is vibration or buzzing coming from the fuel lines or Evap lines. The fuel pressure can cause these to rattle or vibrate. They has updated the bracket that holds these lines on. I would crawl under and put your hand on the lines and see if the vibration changes. If it does you know this is the issue.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.