chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

Ford Expedition: I have a 2004 Ford Expedition. The motor and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford Expedition. The motor and track assembly needs to be replaced and I was told by ford that the parts are no longer available. Is there an after marker solution or other solution to replace the part?
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
hI THERE
-
Need some info , "motor and track assembly" for what ?
-
the drivers power seat, the passengers power seat , the power moon roof , ,
-
also it would help me find something if I can have your VIN too , if it is a seat track I find it odd that they don't make it any more , due to ford is obligated to make parts for cars/trucks for 10 years and a 2004 Expedition is the same as a 2006 Expedition , so they should still make the track
-
we can go back and forth on this page
-
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, Its the drivers power seat. The Vin number on the truck is 1FMFU18L64LB30996. Let me know where I can get the motor & assembly. I am told its one piece...Best Jim
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
ok - it is true that the 60325 basic part number for the complete seat frame and power seat track assembly is no longer made
-
but I don't think you need all this stuff, its every thing for the seat , its a little over kill,
-
so what is wrong with the drivers power seat
-
a very common problem is that the driver power seat will not go forward or backward any more , if this is the case they sell the horizontal motor separate and this is all you need , basic part number 14547A, in fact they seel all three motors separately
-
or if the seat works fine but there is a lot of play in it like rocking back and forth , then they sell the inboard and outboard seat tracks on there own basic is 61704a, 61704b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seat labors when you try to move it back and does not go back that far
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it sound like you just need the horizontal motor , basic part number is *****
-
this part is still made and sold at you local Ford dealer,
-
easy install , you don't have to remove the seat , located in the very front , two 13 mm bolts hold it in place, can be remove with a 13 mm wrench, I would replace the motor and then lubricate the power seat track ,
-
they also sell it on ebay see link below
-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-2005-2006-Ford-Expedition-Seat-Adjuster-Motor-Assembly-5L1Z14547BA-/271685458252?hash=item3f41b7194c&vxp=mtr
-
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the reason that the motor labors is because the track is bent or damaged?
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
the motors have a history of going bad, so it could just be a motor going bad , if not then the power seat left and right tracks may be dry and try some lube like WD40 on them , or if the tracks have to be replaced they are also sold on there own , you don't have to get the complete assembly,
-
I would start out by lubing the track and see if you get an improvement , if not then replace the motor , if not then replace the tracks ,
-
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok...can you give me the part number for the tracks. Also does ford sell the part?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the part number but I have the basic part numbers , witch you can give to the parts guy and they will know what you exactly want, its not a common part to replace on this so they may have to be ordered but its still a good part number, the basic is 61704 A and B
-
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.
OK, GOOD LUCK
cHRIS