Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 freestar that stalls at times mostly at cruise

Customer Question

I have a 2005 freestar that stalls at times mostly at cruise or on turns always no acceleration I actually verified the concern and it acted like the ignition key was turned off, although the dash light warning lamps were still illuminated, note the cmp syncronizor is noisey and squeals load at times no codes or faults indicated with my scan tool
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The stalling problem you are describing can very likely be caused by cam sensor and the synchronizer, if its squealing it will set up a frequency and interfere with the signal and not always set any fault codes. The place to start is to replace the sensor as well as the synchronizer. I suspect this will resolve the problem.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short
Thank you, Ron