Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford: have 2002 F350 with an electrical issue intermittently

Customer Question

hello have 2002 F350 with an electrical issue intermittently the windows control will not work when the window switches do not work for ANY window Consistantly the radio does not work either. After about 5 to 7 mins to movement ( possible vibration of the truck ) the radio suddenly comes back on and the windows will then work but the thing is the clock is not affected the radio will not play during the issue but the display for the clock is always visible
any suggestions please?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

On this truck built into the instrument cluster is a battery saver relay, this relay powers the serviceable accessory delay relay in the fuse box. This relay powers the radio and the windows. The accessory delay relay is shitting down from possible contact corrosion (try another relay in its place) or the relay is losing in controlling input. Is the cluster effected during this?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

instruments ( speed, oil , etc) works well

Any luck on swapping out the accessory delay relay?

When this occurs does it happen long enough that we can do some electrical tests at the delay relay inputs to see what is missing?