James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford ranger: 98 ford ranger anti theft alarm went off tonight

Customer Question

98 ford ranger anti theft alarm went off tonight can't get to stop blowing horn when battery is hooked up
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. When this happens it going to be caused by an aftermarket alarm. Someone has installed one previously and lost the key fobs to them. If you look under the driver side of the dash you should find a box with a bunch of wires that don't work correctly. You will need to remove this and cut out all of the wires to remove the alarm. Once you do the vehicle will operate as normal.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.