HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Have 2001 focuszx3 ac does not come on! checked fuse on dash

Customer Question

have 2001 focuszx3 ac does not come on! checked fuse on dash --ok is there another fuse breaker? what to do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Does the switch light up? It most likely is low on freon if the system wont come on. Does the blower work normally or not at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

switch does not light up! blower works! h put in leak sealant 1st then added freon should I try letting out some sealant gas?ave tried recharging it my self

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
.Really need to see how much freon is in ther system using a set of gauges. If it is overcharged the system may not operate. Does the ac switch light up if changing from fresh air to recirculate or not at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

may have over chargged when i put in leak sealent then added freon!! whats best way to vent over charge fan switch works all positions

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The ac light on the switch should still light up as long as the bulb in the switch isnt brunt out. you would need to remove the ac control switch and inspect the electrical connector and to the blower speed swicth. Even though the fan is working I have seen the fan switch connector melt and do weird things. Verify you have power and ground to the ac switch first and no wiring damage to the switches
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok it seems that system may be overcharged what is best way to vent overcharge and return to normal? I put in a leak sealant gas before adding freon mso system may be stillovercharged!

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ideally you would use a machine to recover the freon in the system. So you would have to hook up a gauge set or hose to one of the high or low ac port and let freon out. You really need a gauge set to monitor low and high pressures to make sure it is at the proper charge level.You can depress on the schraider valve with the vehicle off and relieve some freon out of the system. The high side port is up top in front of the car so if its running it builds high pressure with the compressor engaged
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello do you need more help with this concern?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
good morning do you need more help