Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2007 ford taurus which is in theft mode, I do not

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ford taurus which is in theft mode, I do not have keyless entry, just two ignition keys that have transponders in them. The only trigger to the theft system I can think of is the fact that I had to get into the drivers door panel to attempt to repair an auto window. I assembled all back together and was able to operate the car taking it to and from church yesterday morning. However, yesterday evening, I went to start and it would not. Theft light blinking with key out of ignition steadily and when in the run position it blinks rapidly for 30 secs and then back to steady pace. I tried to start at this point on the advice of another blogger, to no avail. Please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Try this method and see what happens. Turn the ignition key to the ON position. Then while the key is ON disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait about 5 minutes then reconnect the cable. Then try the key see if it works. Respond to let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attempted this last night... did not work, same problem
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the antitheft light flash when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.