James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford F250 4x4 6.4 diesel: Had my vehicle studded and new head

Customer Question

Had my vehicle studded and new head gaskets. Got on it a little this evening and it started a weird clacking sound while taking off. Smoothed out at 55. Got loser down road to home, gave it some boost and it sounds like grinding chains. Happened from stop pulling into driveway. Won't move and the new starter, you can hear the bendix kicking out but won't crank
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The very first thing I would do is get a wrench on the engine crankshaft. Make sure you can turn it over by hand. If you can't the engine is locked up. I would call the shop that just did the repair as there are a lot of things that can be the cause. You could have one or more injectors that failed or weren't correctly tightened. I would be giving them a call before you try and dig into it yourself. This way they can't try to say it was your fault.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.