Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Expedition: i have a 2006 expedition 5.4l 3v when i come to

Customer Question

i have a 2006 expedition 5.4l 3v when i come to a stop or go reverse the engine dies. idles good in park or neutral. also seams to lack power.
kicked a P0581, P0345 & P0022 code
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The symptoms point to low transmission oil or a torque converter clutch or circuit that is allowing the clutch to stay engaged or engine from pressure issues, this stalling the engine.
The codes point to"
0581 one of the cruise control switches is bad.
0345 camshaft variable cam timing issues on the drivers side
0022 same as 0022
Normally the cam codes are s sign the oil ports in the cam bearings are clogged and not enough oil pressure is getting to the variable cam timing components.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by "or engine from pressure issues"
The stalling concern can be caused by the engine having oil pressure issues to the variable cam timing components.