A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Ford f350: ,i currently have an ABS light on with no speedo

Customer Question

hi,i currently have an ABS light on with no speedo or odometer and a flashing over drive light on. what should be my next move?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it could be dirty diff fluid that is inhibiting the sensor or a bad fuse. I had the transmission rebuilt and after I installed it these problems occurred. problems did not exist before the rebuild.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Inspect the speed sensor in the differential. Make sure it is plugged in. If the sensor is plugged in, the problem more than likely is a bad sensor. We see it a lot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already done. Problems did not occur until after having the transmission rebuilt.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Check and make sure the transmission harness is not pinched between the engine and transmission. Pinching the harness will cause several issues. Especially since this problem happened after the transmission was repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possible bad trans speed sensor or blown fuse? Harness is tidy
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Then inspect the harness between the rear differential and the firewall. The transmission does not control the speedometer.