fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

F350: Mr Wayne I've got a 89 f350 that has brake peddle bleed

Customer Question

Mr Wayne I've got a 89 f350 that has brake peddle bleed like the mast master is bypassing . When you plug off the ports on the master cylinder it checks good . Rear brake wheel cylinders Are new , drums, shoes are like new . Front rotors and pads are all like new . The booster and master cylinder is new . I've gravity bled ,presser bled, bottle bled. If my memory serves me correctly the vacuum at the booster is 26 or so and if memory serves me correctly it's supposed to be around 14 or so . Is it possible to have too much vacuum.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you hook the front brake line up and plug the rear port everything pressures up like is supposed to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front brake lines and the rubber line between the frame and rear end feeding the rear line are all new. All the lines have been blown out with air before trying to bleed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, look at the front calipers and tell me the position of the bleeder screws - below the brake hose to caliper connection, or above it(towards bottom or top of caliper)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are on top of the calipers where they're supposed to be.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, just wanted to make sure I have seen this happen alot.
Ok, use either brake hose clamps or vise grips and about 1/2 up the front brake hoses, lightly clamp them. Pedal should be good.
Now remove 1 clamp at a time and test pedal. At whichever wheel you remove the clamp and pedal sinks, that is the problem area and we can go from there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I did that the front brakes checked ok. With all 3 clamped off there was still some bleeding down.released the front brakes and no changes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to do a phone call? I'm not very good at the website stuff and my wife has to go to a 4th meeting.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Unfortunately I have no cell phone service or landline service right now due to severe flooding that took down lines and cell towers.
I will release this so that another expert can pick it and call you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you. God bless. Stay safe.
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
does this vehicle have anti lock brakes or RABS (rear antilock brake system) sounds like a pretty common RABS problem, there should be a valve under drivers seat on frame rail, most of the time it is the problem, and if u are sure the vac. reading is correct you may have a faulty booster. the boosters have a bleed off to release extra vac. it works like this atmospheric pressure on one side and below atmospheric pressure (vacuum) on the other side, that is how it helps apply so much.