James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Expedition xl,4.6 L,2X: Ron,I'm Chris and I have 2 problems

Customer Question

Hi Ron,I'm Chris and I have 2 problems 1) turn signals don't work and signal dash lights don't even light up solid/no flash but the hazard lights are as strong as ever also I was checking the turn signals at night and they wouldn't work or come on until I started to play with the turn signal/low to hi-beam lever and after a lot of tries the turn signals came on for 2 or 3 clicks then stopped .... I was able to get both right and left signals to flash but for no longer than 3 flashes then they'd stop and the dash signal lights turned off completely/no solid light...it was night time so I could easily see the signals flashing in the front and in the back....I then started to position the turn signal/hi-beam lever very slowly until I got the turn signals to flash again and this time both right and left flashed for maybe ten times each then went off again .... I did this several more times and the signals flashed for 5 or 6 times on each but of course, I had to hold the lever in a ce
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Since playing with the high beams will make the turn signals work for a short time. Your turn signal switch has most likely failed. You try moving the steering wheel tilt to the highest position and see if it works. If this works then the wires have pulled out of the back of the connector. Replacing the turn signal switch should fix your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.