fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

Escape: I have a 2005 ford escape and the hazard lights started

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford escape and the hazard lights started blinking on their own. The blink twice pretty rapidly and then stop. It happens while driving and when the car is off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
when this happens do the door locks cycle on or off, or is it just the lights, also is it just outside lights or inside also. is there key fobs with this vehicle? and is there any remote start or alarm under the dash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it has a key fob and a panic alarm. The locks do not cycle with the lights. My wife drives the car mostly and just told me the key fob doesn't work, probably needs a new battery. Could this be causing an issue?
it is possible the key fob is causing this concern, does vehicle have a remote start or aftermarket alarm under drivers side dash?